Thursday, August 12, 2010

Grace

The boys and I spent the last four days at the lake with G's family. During our drive home, I was able to capture this with my cell phone camera:


If it's not enough to melt your heart just looking at the image of Thomas reaching out to hold Jay's hand, the conversation between the two of them would have done it. I wish I had the audio to along with this photo. If I did, it would go something like this:

Thomas (to Jay): "Thank you for Renee and Pop Pop's. Thank you for the guest cabin. Thank you for the tool shed. Amen."
Jay: (making squealing noises in response to Thomas)
Me: "Thomas, what are you doing?"
Thomas: "Saying Grace."

And then my inside voice agreeing wholeheartedly with everything he just said out loud. And adding in a special thanks for my two beautiful boys and for the love they are developing for each other.

Amen.


2 comments:

jmac said...

Amen, indeed!

Kristin Whitman said...

So sweet - melts your heart just to hear about it.