Sunday, November 1, 2009

Shiver Me Timbers

It was a rainy and muggy Halloween night, but it didn't stop the Pirate from collecting his booty. Surprisingly, Thomas loved the event, and probably wonders why we don't knock on our neighbors' doors every night for candy--or as he says, "CA-EEE!"

Here we are, getting ready for Trick-or-Treating. Please note my huge belly in the right of the photo.

Morgan, our first Trick-or-Treater of the night, stopped by to have some chili and to play before heading out to the rest of the neighborhood.

Thomas wouldn't wear the hat that went with his costume, so I did, and went as a pregnant pirate. I originally wanted to go Trick or Treating as a pregnant woman in labor, but that didn't really work out. Yes, I am that big, the camera is not adding 10 lbs.


Aunt "Ju" and cousin "Pi" (I mean, Tinkerbell) pose with Pirate T.


The Trick or Treating process went something like this:

Thomas walks up to the door (by himself), knocks, and says "trick treat." When offered candy, he holds up his bag with one hand, while grabbing a handful of candy with the other. Then he proceeds to let himself into the house, making himself at home with a big "HiYo!" One of the adults would then have to grab him and coax him back down to the sidewalk. Not shy at all.

Hope everyone had a happy Halloween!

No comments: