Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Date With the Contessa!

Today while Thomas played at home with Aba, I braved the cold and the crowds in order to have a 30 second conversation with the one and only Ina Garten.

The line was out the door, but the one and a half hour wait was totally worth it! It gave me plenty of time to craft my opening statement.

Jennie came along for moral support. I wore my lobster track jacket because I thought it was very New England/East Hampton-esque, and you know, I wanted to dress to impress.

My paparazzi shot from outside looking in. I actually did butt in front of someone to get this shot.

ABOUT TO APPROACH THE TABLE! At this point I feel like Will Ferrell's character in ELF when he learned Santa was coming to the department store. So excited. Such a nerd/cheeseball.

And our conversation went something like this:
Me: So, I'm married to a Geoffrey, too.
Ina: You are?
Me: And we both love your recipes.
Ina: Does your Geoffrey cook for you?
Me: No!
Ina: Neither does mine (chuckle).

And there you have it! I bid her farewell and promptly went home and made a recipe out of the new book, and she probably went back to her East Hampton home, with the huge gourmet kitchen, walk in pantry, and a barn built specifically for entertaining and cooking with friends. . .ahhh, to be the Contessa!

1 comment:

The Siglers said...

Fun! Hopefully the recipe is something you can share for Thanksgiving.